Here’s a grouping of 16 useful contemporary monologues for men and women in comedy and drama genres. Enjoy! =)
- Angel Prayers – MILANI is a teenager who has fell into a “bad group” of friends and has been in rebellion with school, family and the law. In this monologue, she talks to herself in her bedroom.
- Dark Projections – the character talks about how he/she tries to prevent themselves from having bad thoughts.
- Patiently Waiting – Sheila tries to level with her man to find some form of solace between the inconsistency in their relationship.
- Unsnarl My Skin – this is about running from one’s past.
- Just For Laughs – Jane is sitting around a kitchen table having coffee and cake with her closest friends. The women all share stories of teasing and playing practical jokes on their children. Jane shares a recent story of a joke she played on her son unbeknownst to him.
- The Girls – Dana is listening to her girlfriend’s new love interest with hidden disgust and apparent loneliness.
- Pinch – DEMETRIA talks to her sister about what she went through, in order to POP the boil on her boyfriend’s butt hole.
- Nervous Nostrils – Delaine pulls her girlfriend aside and tells her about the guy who just approached her over at the bar in the club they are in.
- One of the Good Guys – CARLSTON goes off on a journalist who wrote a major cover story about him, reporting false allegations.
- Wasted Talent – DONNIE has just lost one of his closest friends who happened to be a struggling musician for many years. He talks to another friend about the sadness of a wasted talent.
- On One Side – A person facing themselves, trying to figure out how they can be a better human being.
- Challenged – GREGORY talks to his girlfriend about his own peculiar challenge when it comes to fulfilling personal goals.
- The Crop Duster – BUSTER recounts the story of how an elderly man “blew wind” in his face, while walking past him in a bookstore.
- You Almost Ready? – a man waits for his woman to finish getting ready.
- Medium – a comedy monologue about a man who imagines himself being 6’5 when in reality he’s about 5’8.
- Picasso Reincarnated – comedy about how trying to find yourself sometimes blows up in your face.