Is procrastination getting in the way of your acting career? The good news is that there are ways to understand and overcome procrastination. Here are 5 thoughts to consider that will help you outsmart yourself. In acting there is ‘living in the now’ and in life the same theory applies when it pertains to doing.
Ask yourself a few questions listed below and let them wash over you in such a way that you will recognize the value and importance of now.
- Imagine the loss you will suffer later by avoiding the act of doing now.
- When you are elderly and sitting in your rocking chair, will you have regret if you don’t go and do what you need to go and do today?
- Imagine the end result of not doing what you set out to do. Now imagine the end result of achieving what you set out to do. What feels better?
- If you are tired, busy or simply not in the mood to hustle…visualize yourself tomorrow regretting what you’re neglecting today.
- Imagine telling someone you love that you failed because you were too lazy, didn’t work hard enough, didn’t care enough because it wasn’t as important as you pretended it to be.
Yon can ask yourself any one of these questions or all of them to get you up and forward. We all get lazy and tired but when things deeply matter to you, there is that inner push that gets you back on your feet. The questions and statements listed here are meant to assist you in your push. Make it work for you and make it happen.