Today we will go over 5 tips actors can use to develop influencer marketing strategies. Before we do, let’s define influencer marketing for actors, so you get a clearer idea of how this can work for you.
What Does Influencer Marketing Mean For An Actor?
Influencers can be actors who generate significant followings online, by creating content that resonates for an audience. Brands seek out such influencers who have such followings because they want to tap into the culture of specific demographics that an influencer reaches organically. This can put an actor, creator, performer in a very interesting position.
This is a short documentary video that you should watch because it talks about the influencer concept. There are some useful tidbits of insightful information you can take from this vid. Check it out.
How Can You Become An Influencer?
You can become an influencer by creating content you love, whether it be through writing, vlogging, podcasting or images. You can reach and communicate your art with people you wish to reach.
I’ve previously outlined some important steps:
- Building Your Own Actor Blog Site
- 14 Tips: Develop Your Personal Brand Vision
- 7 Content Marketing Tips For Actors
- How Actors Can Diversify Their Content Strategy
Actors have the ability to become influencers and make a substantial living in their life doing what they love on their own terms. That’s not to say that traditional means aren’t still ringing true. I’m only pointing out that the opportunity for you to become an influencer through a creative project online is possible and another vehicle you can take to get to where it is you are traveling.
You can use these 5 simple tips below to help you build your audience and grow your influence.
- Create and share relevant and unique content. It all comes down to your project. What story are you sharing? Don’t think about being unique. Think about being true to what it is you care most about expressing. The uniqueness will follow on its own accord.
- Learn about your audience. Spend time researching and truly understanding the audience you wish to reach with your content. The more you understand your audience, the more you can hit your target and speak directly to the people you wish to reach with what you create.
- Add value. Don’t create content just to create content. Anyone can do that. It’s important to create content that has value, that offers genuine entertainment or education.
- Consistency. You can’t be sporadic with what you create. You need to follow a content schedule. Get a content calendar for yourself and decide when you will be posting fresh content for your audience. With consistency, you build trust.
- Engage in social media. Sounds obvious by now but you will be surprised how this is still being massively overlooked. Get in on the conversations taking place on your Insta, Snap, Twitter.
We’ve gone over what influencer marketing is and how it can benefit actors who are interested in diving into this arena.