Monologue Blogger Short Film Festival is a year round online short film festival. We present an opportunity for filmmakers to submit their short film project to our global audience of over a quarter million monthly visitors.
MB is changing the way people come together to watch and support short films. Our approach caters to an audience of creatives who not only care about seeing good films but also want to get to know the makers behind the project.
Our Mission: To connect short film stories with the people who want to watch them. We provide an additional outlet for your short film to get shown in order to promote your work and generate buzz for your story.
- Acceptance into the Monologue Blogger Short Film Festival will get your short film screened on MonologueBlogger.com for a worldwide online audience.
- You receive an interview talking about your film and your work, including production still images, website links, social links are all promoted within your article.
- Have your short film reviewed by one of our MB writers.
- Your short film will be archived and reposted so fans can watch your film again and again and new audience participants can discover your work.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Am I guaranteed acceptance into the Monologue Blogger Film Festival by submitting? Like all festivals, there is a selection process. Not all short films will be accepted.
- How long do I have to wait to know if my short film has been accepted? Short Film notification gets sent out within a 30 days from the time you submitted.
- Can I get a refund after submitting my film? No. Once submitted, there is no refund available.
- What makes your film festival different? Monologue Blogger already has a built-in online audience so your short film will gain exposure. We are also a good launching pad for any filmmaker who needs an outlet to build press and get people talking about your film.
- Is there an age restriction? No age restriction but submitters must be at least 18 years of age.
- When does the Monologues Blogger Film Festival take place? Monologue Blogger Short Film Festival is a year round online film festival.
- Can I submit more than one film? Filmmakers can submit as many films as they would like.
- What if my submission cannot be accessed by link? All films must be submitted via streaming link with password or online screeners via FilmFreeway.
Rules & Terms
- Short Films must be narrative and should be no longer than 20 minutes (including credits) with a minimum of 1 minute. Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2014.
- Monologue Blogger does not require any premiere status.
- Once selected, the filmmaker must make available their short film via Vimeo or Youtube embed code for Monologue Blogger to share for online screening.
- At least one representative (director, actor, writer or producer) of short film must be available to be part of an interview session once accepted.
- Participants agree that clips from their film and all other material related to their project may be used and/or published on Monologue Blogger’s website and for any promotional purposes which Monologue Blogger deems appropriate.
- Your short film will remain in the Monologue Blogger Short Film archive.
- If your short film is chosen for selection into the festival, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the film is the responsibility of the filmmaker/producer. Monologue Blogger will not take responsibility for any infringement of copy-written materials.
*Rules are subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.