Have you signed up for the YouTube Red subscription service yet? Susanne Daniels (Global Head of Original Content) recently announced at VidCon some pretty interesting projects launching out of YouTube Red’s 2nd season of content.
Three renewal titles (Scare PewDiePie, Foursome and one web series will become a feature, Smosh) from the first season will be included in their slate based on audience reaction and number participation.
Some of the shows that aired from the first season have been said to rival those of shows coming from the major cable networks.
Here’s a look at what will be new to YouTube Red
- Escape The Night – attend a dinner party game with clues and suspicion running wild. Do you have what it takes to survive?
- Rhett & Link’s Buddy System – a new scripted comedy series about how the duo must go out of their way to regain control of their internet empire from their mutual c0-ex-girlfriend, who is holding a very big secret over their heads.
- Single By 30 – a romantic comedy about two High School best friends that have pledged to marry each other if they haven’t tied the knot by 30.
- Gorgeous Gigi – feature-length documentary – the transition from male to female.
- Fight of the Living Dead – features 10 YouTube stars as they attempt to survive a Zombie Apocalypse over the course of three days.
- Step Up – the popular feature films will now be turned and adapted into a series.
- Dan & Phil Tour Documentary – (largest tour ever by a YouTube creator) will be bringing The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire to audiences as a feature film.
- Working Title ‘Psyche Lab’ – Michael Stevens will take a deeper look into the human mind, using real subjects, including himself and special guests, to show some of the most mind-blowing, important and least understood aspects of human nature.
- UNTITLED ANIMATED SERIES: Ill equipped paranormal investigators who struggle to unfold the mysteries of the paranormal universe for their desperate clients.
- Vlogumentary – is a look inside some of the most creative YouTubers – a personal intimate lens – creative voices, process and digital media landscape.
It seems that one of the main priorities for YouTube Red is to give creators new opportunity working within their platform as well as opening up more options to increase viewership for their audience of subscribers.
More traditional creators such as the likes of SNL comedians Molly Shannon and Chris Parnell, Emmy Award-winning writer of “Futurama” & “Family Guy”, Michael Rowe and filmmaker Morgan Spurlock are only a few of the artists collaborating with creators and YouTube on these projects.
For further information on the YouTube slate.